Saturday, January 16, 2010

Has anyone seen black squirrels in New Jersey?

I saw a black squirrel in Central New Jersey on Friday. This is the first time I ever saw one. I live right by a park and there are thousands of squirrels, but this is the first time I saw a black squirel has anyone seen one in New Jersey? Should I tell someone? Are they danageruous?Has anyone seen black squirrels in New Jersey?
We have them here in Colorado, but they're a little different from yours -- see the site below.





I've seen plain ol' Fox Squirrels that are mutations of black, grey, and deep chestnut. Up Ute Pass, along the foot of Pikes Peak, they're various blacks / browns and have tuffed ears.Has anyone seen black squirrels in New Jersey?
I just saw one in Maryland too. They are not dangerous.
';Black squirrels'; may be any shade from dark gray to nearly jet black, often with a brownish tinge. They are through Pennsylvania, where I live and mostly in the north/central area. There is no reason to think that they are ';bad';. No more dangerous than any squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment